Metro Bus Belly Crawl

I can't decide if I've hit an all time low or just expanded my penny-picking-up horizons. Today I actually got down on all fours for the sake of one lonely penny under a bus seat.

Now, it's not as if I haven't gotten on all fours to scrounge up a penny before (see the previous post about digging one out of the asphalt in a cross-walk) but this time I actully had to say, "pardon me, excuse me..." as I proceeded to force two poor bus passengers to move aside a bit so I could gain access to the penny.

Again...it's not like I haven't made an ass of myself for a penny before (it really is a shame this blog didn't exist when I had the altercation w/ the street vendor or when I nearly upended myself over a metro station railing to reach a penny about ready to fall through a grate). But usually I don't inconvenience paying bus riders for a sole penny (a dime, yes...but not one lonely penny).

But today...I was a bit desperate. It was almost 6pm and I hadn't found a single cent. I needed to find one so I wouldn't have a goose egg on the scoreboard! And so, much to the chagrin of the passengers on the 52 line, I dove under the seat just before reaching my stop to grab that penny.

And that's my two cents...er...ONE CENT...for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny Protocal

1. Pennies & other change must be discovered outside your home &/or other areas where YOUR money hangs around. It's about found money, people...not money you just forgot you had!

2. Taking pennies from other people's homes (or vehicles) constitutes stealing...don't do it!

3. Tip jars are strictly off limits.

4. Foreign curency cannot be accepted. If you find a Canadian quarter and can somehow convince your Canadian friend to buy the quarter from you at the correct exhange rate in American dollars...then bring it on!

The Penny Wall

The Penny Wall
A place to honor pennies (large & small) and what they add up to be!

The Spreadsheet...Who just throws money in a jar?!

The Spreadsheet...Who just throws money in a jar?!