Penny Converts...Gotta Love It!

I love to hear from penny-picker-uppers, friends, and others who have heard about The Penny Project. Especially when they're telling me there's penny converts out there! My friend Laura featured our pennies on her blog (which she's done again with a follow-up photo story, check it out at: http://theadventurousphotographer.com/). A few weeks after the first story, she forwarded me the following message. Ah, the sweet victory of winning over a new penny seeker! And I love that she's turned it into a game with her son!

Pennies, bringing the world together!

Laura's Message:

Leslie,

Thought you'd get a kick out of this note from on of my blog readers!

Laura

Laura, you are welcome. You inspired me to save pennies. After reading your blog, I was at the grocery store. The women in front of me dropped a coin. A silver coin. A dime. Too lazy to pick it up, I seized the opportunity, thought of you and now, am 10 cents richer. LOL. My son and I are having a little contest because he loves picking up pennies. Now, so do I.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you have penny hunts when you are running errands! Maybe one day you can go all over the wolrd for a change hunt and document it:) I see this going places and I would be interested to see the international side and if there is as much loose change lying around.

    Erica

    ReplyDelete

Penny Protocal

1. Pennies & other change must be discovered outside your home &/or other areas where YOUR money hangs around. It's about found money, people...not money you just forgot you had!

2. Taking pennies from other people's homes (or vehicles) constitutes stealing...don't do it!

3. Tip jars are strictly off limits.

4. Foreign curency cannot be accepted. If you find a Canadian quarter and can somehow convince your Canadian friend to buy the quarter from you at the correct exhange rate in American dollars...then bring it on!

The Penny Wall

The Penny Wall
A place to honor pennies (large & small) and what they add up to be!

The Spreadsheet...Who just throws money in a jar?!

The Spreadsheet...Who just throws money in a jar?!