No Explanation Necessary...

It was a lovely Saturday afternoon and I was out to lunch with my sister and a few friends. We were sitting at our table, eating some very tasty sandwiches, when I spied not one...but TWO pennies under the table next to us. I thought I would just sit and wait out the two teenage couple eating their lunch then dive under the table to recover the pennies when they left.

Unfortunately, after they ate, the young man whipped out the City Paper and settled in for an afternoon of reading about local goings-on. I knew my time at the eatery was drawing to a close since my friends & I planned to hit some local shops to check out the latest summer shoes & accessories. I hoped the kids would take their paper and head out soon...but no such luck.

So, when my friends got up, I decided to explain myself (somewhat) to the couple as I abandoned my pride and ducked under the table to pick up the pennies. I started to say something along the lines of, "I'm just gonna grab these pennies...my friends & I collect them for charity..."

But the guy just looked at me and said, "We're in a recession, man. There's no need to explain yourself!"

Yeah, that's right! No need to explain. It's a recession, so I will pick up my pennies with pride!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny Protocal

1. Pennies & other change must be discovered outside your home &/or other areas where YOUR money hangs around. It's about found money, people...not money you just forgot you had!

2. Taking pennies from other people's homes (or vehicles) constitutes stealing...don't do it!

3. Tip jars are strictly off limits.

4. Foreign curency cannot be accepted. If you find a Canadian quarter and can somehow convince your Canadian friend to buy the quarter from you at the correct exhange rate in American dollars...then bring it on!

The Penny Wall

The Penny Wall
A place to honor pennies (large & small) and what they add up to be!

The Spreadsheet...Who just throws money in a jar?!

The Spreadsheet...Who just throws money in a jar?!