Why Pennies Are Better Than Men

Ok, so that's a bit of generalization, I suppose. I happen to be a big fan many men I know...in fact, several of you are reading this blog (hi, Dad!). But there are a few fellows out there who could use a sit down with Ms. Manners. But I have to say...Abe & his cute little copper self have never done me wrong. I really appreciate the fact that no penny has every whistled at me from a moving car or stood me up for a date. Honestly...I thank you for your manners, Abe!

And although I could do without obnoxious whistles and no-show dates...I'm not sure I would like to do without the story that follows (mostly because my girlfriends & I have had several laughs about it).

I know that my love of pennies makes me a bit quirky and entertaining to some, for which I am grateful (especially if these people bring me their pennies!)...but I am not quite sure how one 45-minute conversation with a guy I met by chance qualifies him to be able to tell me off in a 6-part text message. Yeah, 6 parts. Seriously...you have to read this to believe it.

Text 1--
I just wanted to write you and and tell you goodbye and it was nice meeting you. I called you several times and I feel as though you are blowing me off w

Text 2--
hich is fine but the real. I came out and told you how I felt about you and you had an excuse about you seeing someone and getting over that person, that's

Text 3--
fine and I respect that, but that does not mean you can treat someone who cares about you that way. what goes around comes around, in any event never treat

Text 4--
someone who cares about you jacked up. my self confidence is way to high to trip off of this but maybe you need to work on yours, because I am real and h

Text 5--
onest with my feelings and my life. Take care of yourself and goodluck. I will lose your number so I don't have to feel I am bothering you. I was calling

Text 6--
because I really liked you. I am totally disappointed because I never thought you would be like this.....Whatever man!!!!

After receiving this message, I felt a bit like Wayne Campbell in "Wayne's World" when Stacy is ranting on & on and finishes with "You know, Wayne...if you're not careful, you're gonna lose me."

To which Wayne replies, "I lost you two months ago. We broke up...get the net!"

Wayne, I know how you feel. Only my "Stacy" and I never dated. We were strangers in the night (or the middle of the afternoon to be more specific). Get the net!

1 comment:

  1. what a freak...and don't even get me started on people who text because they don't have the balls to call....

    ReplyDelete

Penny Protocal

1. Pennies & other change must be discovered outside your home &/or other areas where YOUR money hangs around. It's about found money, people...not money you just forgot you had!

2. Taking pennies from other people's homes (or vehicles) constitutes stealing...don't do it!

3. Tip jars are strictly off limits.

4. Foreign curency cannot be accepted. If you find a Canadian quarter and can somehow convince your Canadian friend to buy the quarter from you at the correct exhange rate in American dollars...then bring it on!

The Penny Wall

The Penny Wall
A place to honor pennies (large & small) and what they add up to be!

The Spreadsheet...Who just throws money in a jar?!

The Spreadsheet...Who just throws money in a jar?!